Postcards from Jessie's adventures in Valdivia, Chile during Fall semester 2011 and in other places after that.
Sunday, October 23
Traducir y Tomar el sol
Traducir, to translate, is what I got to do this Friday for my internship. Explora helped high school students participate in a video-conference with students in Mexico and Costa Rica about climate change and ideas for an animated movie. The viedo-conference was supposed to be held in English, so they had me sit in front of the table to translate, which made me very nervous! Luckily, I only had to explain a few things, and not word for word. Everything ended up being communicated in Spanish except for a speech by the British Minister of Foreign Affairs in Costa Rica. Even 2 minutes of translating out loud is pretty difficult. I don't think becoming a translator is in my future, not at all.
Tomar el sol means to sunbathe. These happy, lazy animals are very good at it. Above is the neighborhood dog Almendra (means almond), and below are the sea lions on Saturday morning doing what they do best.
Labels:
Chile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment